We are a small family farming business. We grow good food.
You can buy our produce at SAGE Farmers Market every Tuesday.
We also run a box subscription delivery service.
Supportive local businesses that purchase our produce are:
Southlands Fruit and Veg, Single Fin Gypsy Canteen, The River Restaurant, Milton Farm Shop and Local Table.
We train market gardeners. Past alumni are:
Rad Growers, Matt from Neighbourhood Farm, Loop Growers, Roly Poly Farm,
Nadia from Fat Pig Farm, Alex and Eliza Traveling Growers, Market Gardener Emmy from Buena Vista and
many others for whom growing and eating good food is essential for good life.
For training opportunities go to Farm Folk.
Our box delivery is a simple and convenient way for you to eat fresh picked, locally grown, in season vegetables that have been grown without any pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or any-cides.
From October and May each year we deliver a box of our grown vegetables every Friday afternoon to your door or workplace between Tuross Head and Tomakin.
It works like a monthly subscription. You pay us for the month’s Fridays in advance. We do this so we can organise our planting and harvesting schedules and so we can concentrate on growing good food, knowing who wants what and when.
In a subscription to say a newspaper, you know you’re getting a paper, you know when it’s turning up but you’re not sure what the news is until it comes out. In the same way you’ll get the veg of the day. The best of what’s growing in our garden. We pick a prime assortment of what we can find that week. Sometimes you will receive food that you may be unfamiliar with. We’ll help you with suggestions if it’s new and we are happy to take any “help, how do I cook this” emails.
From time to time if we have the same kind of veg we may include vegetables from another grower we know and trust. We will inform you of this and this helps you get to know other growers of good food in our region. We may also be able to offer eggs, meat and other farmed goodness from our paddocks as extras.
We also send you a basic email each week by Wednesday and that email will let you know what you can expect in the box, any extras we might have and some inspo for unusual veg.
There are 2 box subscription prices $30 and $50 per Friday. This includes delivery.
Subscriptions are monthly and paid in advance by direct deposit or cash.
Seasonal subscriptions are also available. Our seasonal subscribers are VIP. VIP can expect the cream of the crop, occasional extras, special treats and a free box or 2. This season 2018/19 will run for 30 weeks which will cost Seasonal Subscribers $900 for normal boxes or $1500 for hungry vegetable lover boxes.
Why purchase a box subscription from us?
- It’s fresher than you can buy in the shop.
- 100% free of any synthetic chemicals or poisons saving you $ at the doctors in future years
- Because it’s fresher it lasts longer in the fridge. You won’t be throwing out produce you’ve paid good money for.
- Remarkably good value.
- Forming a recipe around what you have rather than buying what the recipe says, makes you a better cook.
- Delivered. Leave the car at home, you can take the motorbike, the pushy, or your walking shoes now.
- It connects you back to the seasons and the natural cycle of produce.
- Eating seasonally appropriate diet is good for your health. Spring greens are just what your body needs in Spring.
- Seasonally, good simple cooking reflects what’s available. Gazpacho has all the ingredients you can grow in Summer. Roasted root vegetables and stews reflect what you can source in Winter.
- Your money stays locally which has a significant economic multiplying effect that flows on to other local business.
- It builds resilience locally. If the highway is closed due to fire, flood, crashes or war there are still people in the neighbourhood that know how to grow food.
- If local food production isn’t encouraged then it’s likely at some point in the future your food will be a proton pill from China. That’s not only sad but boring.
- You eat like your farmer.
- It’s delicious.